Thursday 26 March 2009

Evaluation- Question Six

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

When beginning this project we decided that we would stick to what we knew in a way. I currently study photography and already have a rough idea in filming and photography techniques. If i learnt anything new it would have to be:

  • It doesn't matter how many times you shoot the same scene because each time it changes, either for better or worse.

  • Different camera angles to get the right positioning.

  • The lighting, because we needed to make sure the lighting was reasonably dim but had the lighting coming through in the right places.

The real thing that was new to me was the software we used when editing our title sequence. We used imovie which i hadn't used before so it took me a while to get used to the software. Although we kept it reasonably simple, i feel i tried to expand my knowledge on the using this software and pushed myself to achieve the standard i wanted my title sequence at.

Of course for filming we used a tripod and lighting which i had knowledge of already, my group used a simple video recorder and positioned the camera from the angle to make the audience more enchanced in what they would be viewing.

No comments: